Friday, September 6, 2013

FIRST FRENCH INVESTIGATORS SAY WHAT NOW?!

"Quoi maintenant?!"

Well it's been probably the weirdest week of my mission! Really great highs and really lame lows. But the work is progressing!

I don't even remember anyone's birthdays. The last one I remember is Aunt Katie's and Malcolm's. Which I mentioned a couple e-mails ago. So I'm sorry everyone, the only birthday I can remember anymore is Joseph Smith's!

Quote of the week:
Elder Waldie--while at the church yesterday: "Sister Lois... you look like.... Ahh, what's his name? Elder Thunot, who's that high hippie man?"

Sigh.

4 weeks ago, Sister Nelson and I were in a lesson with a recent convert who said, "Well now that it's August it'll be getting cold soon." And I laughed. Her. To. Scorn. Not really, but I thought it was ridiculous. And now it's been raining for like a week straight and it's freezing cold and this week I finally gave in and bought winter clothes today. My life is hard.

This week I taught two lessons partially en francais! Actually the French was only like 2 words per lesson.... But we have investigators who speak English as their third language, French as their second! Which is really awesome! Last night we had a lesson with them and I could NOT explain what I wanted to say in English. I could only think of it in French. So things are progressing, and I can actually bear my testimony in French now!
Gah, this is the shortest time ever. This is gonna have to be a short e-mail. But I love everyone!

Soeur Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment