Monday, September 16, 2013

Je vais te caller back.

That is a true Chiac sentence, my friends. I have honestly heard those words uttered.

Happy birthday to Sister Swain and Sara Warr!!!

We got our fourth Elder this week! Just in time for Elder Thunot and Elder Waldie to go out of town for another concert. So there were only 4 missionaries in church this week. But Elder Fortier is here now! I came to the field with him, we were in the MTC together. He is from Quebec and has blackmail photos of me.

I want letters, guys.

Quotes of the week:

1. We were moving a young family of potentials this week. Afterwards, the four of us (Elder Woodbury, Elder Fortier, Sister Nelfils, and I) were sitting in the livingroom BURNING hot. One of the younger girls said to one of the four of us, "Wow! You are DRIPPING sweat!!!"
Me: "I think we all are!"
Sister Nelfils: "I'm sweating so bad, I just hide it well!"
Elder Woodbury (on his way out the door): "Sisters don't sweat, they glisten."

2. We stopped by Bishop's house to visit with him, and as we were wrapping things up, he dissed us really well. Sister Nelson pretended to get sad and said, "You don't really mean that, right?"
Bishop: "You know, it's really too bad I can't say that I LOVE MY SISTERS!' I really wish I could just say right now I LOVE MY SISTERS. I just feel like telling someone right now how much I LOVE MY SISTERS!"

It was a good week. Rough, but good. I am sore from head to foot from a million service projects, and we're probably going to have to drop 600 of our investigators to find new ones who are really ready for the gospel, but I feel good. I'm going through the refiner's fire. The church is true!

Transfers were a few days ago. I'll be in Riverview for at least 6 more weeks! Maybe I said that in the last e-mail.... I dunno.

I love the Book of Mormon.

I was studying in True to the Faith this morning and really loved a quote I read about the Holy Ghost:
"You can receive a sure testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ only by the power of the Holy Ghost. His communication to your Spirit carries far more certainty than any communication you can receive through your natural senses."

I love that. It really got to me. The witness of the Holy Ghost is more powerful than any others of our senses. I think my very first week in the MTC, I wrote about this. I said:

"You can never un-know something. You can't unlearn something. Once you have a witness, you can't undo it... I pray for [people who choose to forget their spiritual witnesses] that they can let themselves remember what they know and trust their feelings above man's."

Now, hey, if you're an inactive member of the Church, I'm talking to you. And I'm gonna do it bluntly, because as a missionary that's what I do best.

People choose to forget the witness that they receive from the Holy Ghost. It is purely a choice when someone stops going to church or stops acting on their spiritual witness. But that quote says that the Holy Ghost's "communication to your Spirit carries far more certainty than any communication you can receive through your natural senses." In other words, like I said before, when people gain spiritual witness and then make choices that say otherwise, they are putting man's view of possible and impossible above their own knowledge.

For example, I know that God lives. I know that through spiritual experience. However, a lot of people don't. And there are some people who once had a spiritual witness that God lives and then made the choice to forget it. But if the witness of the Holy Ghost is more real than any other witness, then they are also choosing to put man's idea of what's possible and impossible ("there is no God") above their own feelings--above the impressions that God Himself sent them.

Maybe I'm getting a little too passionate about a subject that takes a lot of thought! But I am thinking of specific people I know who have chosen to deny their spiritual witnesses. They say they never knew, that they never received witness. When they did. They are putting everything else in their life first, and forgetting their KNOWLEDGE. Their KNOWLEDGE that God lives. That Christ is their Savior. That the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church.

I know that. I know that God lives. I know that Christ is my Savior. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church. I am more sure of that than I am of the witnesses any of my other senses give me. And I trust my own knowledge more than I trust other people telling me that I'm a fool for believing that, that there's no proof of it, or that  God doesn't have only one church. Because I have received a solid witness that it is true, and I act on that witness enough to never have to deny my knowledge.

Haha have a great week, everyone. The Church is true.

Love with all my heart,

Sister Lewis


I drew the FALL.

Some of their 20s are plastic and see-through. They won't rip!

Lobstas in Grand Digue. IT WAS RIGHT AFTER A SERVICE PROJECT, I SWEAR I DON'T USUALLY WEAR JEANS.


This was on a gas station sign. "Keep face away from eyes and skin." Hahaha.

One of the Charlottetown primary kids wrote this! IS THAT NOT ADORABLE?

Weirdos! Elder Thunot, Elder Waldie, Elder Woodbury.

These next three photos are from the Corn Boil.



"Ultra Cherry" heh heh heh.

No filles? Yes please. Elder Woodbury thought that was pretty funny.

Sister Nelson and I sang "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" in sacrament meeting yesterday. Afterwards, Nicholas (7) ran up to me and said, "Sister Lewis! I give you a 10! That was amazing!" :))))))


Riverview flag, Canada flag, New Brunswick flag

Canada Day

Canada Day

The old Moncton missionaries.

I feel uncomfortable just looking at this picture.

The Elders






No comments:

Post a Comment