Monday, September 9, 2013

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.



Birthdays first. Because I'm a slacker!!! Jordan Campagna, Mary G, Derek "Dare Bear" Regehr, Kate the Grape, Nellie Bug Fogg, Karabeein Blodgett, and Seych, happy birthday!!!!! Man I'm horrible.

This week has been so crazy. The Elders got in a mini accident, the ward corn boil [like a Canadian BBQ] was on Saturday, all our investigators are sick of the Mormon missionaries (too bad for them:)), we dropped a couple investigators, Elder Waldie and the Calls will be gone fromThursday until Tuesday in Newfoundland, our district split and Amherst got kicked out, Elder Waldie became our district leader, and now the 8 missionaries in Moncton are being forced to become a French-speaking district! Which is great and horrible. At least it will push me even farther than I'm pushing myself already.

To top off this week, Sister Nelson and I took a trip to this wonderful Candian land called Bulk Barn this morning. Bulk Barn is "le plus important detaillant d'aliments en vrac au Canada." Do you understand my obsession? I've been eating caramels all day. But it's okay because I've been eating a lot of vegetables and doing real work-outs recently. That's okay right?

This week I finally broke into French in the middle of a lesson. Last night, we had a lesson with our two French investigators. We usually just teach in English (and Elder Call occasionally uses French) since they do speak English. But there is such a language barrier sometimes that I leave the lesson frustrated that I didn't have the guts to speak French. I just get so shy and embarrassed about it sometimes. But FINALLY I took a deep breath and testified in French during that lesson. And the Spirit was strong as I did it. I don't think it would have been so strong if I wasn't relying completely on faith to do it. There is something to be said for trusting completely in the Lord. I can do all things through Christ.

Transfer e-mails were sent Saturday night, so Sunday before church, we heard what's happening. There are LOTS of changes, and this week we get 5 new Sisters and an Elder! Still not as big as the group I came in. But it will be weird not being the youngest Sister in the mission anymore. Bittersweet! Anyway, I'll be staying in Riverview for my fourth transfer, and I feel very grateful. I love this area and want to give it all I can. The transfer ends a few days before Halloween. I want to make this count. I love God's children here.

And speaking of children.... I have this horrible problem where I love every kid I see to death. I get cuted out so easily and at the ward corn boil on Saturday, I spent a lot of time with the kids. There is something so special and refreshing about their innocence. Not to mention they're so adorable.

When I left home, I was really heartbroken that I'd have to leave the primary kids there and not get to see their primary program. And that's one of the reasons I was so blessed to have been asked to be the primary chorister here until they find someone new. I've been doing this for about 3 months now and I love it. And just a few days ago, we found out we get to put on a primary program. And I will be here for it. And I get to conduct them. You could say I am PUMPED!!! Someone go tell Keri Linford to come help me lead it over here in Canada:)

Sisters Conference is on September 20th and 21st in Halifax. We'll get to go to the temple! About 30 Sisters will be there. It will be our last Sisters Conference (my only one) because we're about to bump up the Sisters numbers to around 50, which will bring us to a total of 136 missionaries in the Canada Halifax mission--the most there have been here in over 25 years. The work is progressing!!

Well, it's been an edifying week. I keep thinking of 2 Nephi 31 and 32 which emphasize over and over again the importance of feasting upon the words of Christ. In fact, I really recommend the study of 2 Nephi 32 especially. It's so short, but powerful. It is directed especially to members of the Church--those who have already been baptized.

I love the peace that comes from knowing I am a part of Christ's church. I love the peace that comes from knowing that I will never fall away because I will never stop reading my scriptures. I will never stop praying. I will never stop going to church. Because if you do all those things, you've secured for yourself a spot in the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. D&C 4:4.

I love you all.
Soeur Lewis

Some Old Photos




No comments:

Post a Comment