Monday, August 19, 2013

Je speak le bon Chiac.

Actually, I do not. I don't know how many ward members and missionaries have tried to teach it to me now! I can't make it make sense in my head!! I'm better at French than Frenglais!


Ahh! Birthdays! I know I should've done it last week, but happy birthday to Aunt Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooh! And I know I'm forgetting people's birthdays again so we'll see if I remember next week.

Quote of the week:
Elder Woodbury: "Elder Murdie! No! ..................................................................................................... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SISTERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

.....Yeah. We were on the phone with the Elders one night when Elder Waldie (Murdie) got possessed and attacked Elder Woodbury. It was the weirdest thing I have ever heard in my life hahaha. Maybe I'll bribe them into letting me have the video of it so you can enjoy their complete and utter weirdness!

For everyone's reference, we have 4 (and possibly 5) baptisms coming up next month. They are VERY LIKELY going through, and we've been fasting and praying for this. This is huge. So send prayers on behalf of investigators world-wide that they can come to know of the truth and have a desire to come unto Christ through baptism!!

This week I fell deeply in love. He's always there for me. I can talk to him about everything and he gives me the best advice. He is so open--an open book. He uplifts me and helps me to become better. He tells amazing stories and makes me laugh sometimes. I get to spend hours everyday with him, and whenever we're together, I show him off and he makes other people happy too. His name is the Book of Mormon.

Hahahaaaaa my sense of humor is slowly going downhill.....

But seriously. The Book of Mormon. MAN.

Everyone, drop whatever you're doing and go watch Elder Holland's "Safety for the Soul". I've read parts of it lots of times before, and I've seen the little (and incredible) Mormon message about it tons of times, but go listen to the whole thing. It is amazing. And life-changing. And seriously, I have such a deeper love for the Book of Mormon after studying that talk throughout the week. Let me just quote my favorite parts:
"For 179 years this book has been examined and attacked, denied and deconstructed, targeted and torn apart like perhaps no other book in modern religious history.... and still it stands. Failed theories about its origins have been born and parroted and have died.... None of these frankly pathetic answers for this book has ever withstood examination because there is no other answer than the one Joseph gave as its young unlearned translator."

"Now, I did not sail with the brother of Jared in crossing an ocean, settling in a new world. I did not hear King Benjamin speak his angelically delivered sermon. I did not proselyte with Alma and Amulek nor witness the fiery death of innocent believers. I was not among the Nephite crowd who touched the wounds of the resurrected Lord, nor did I weep with Mormon and Moroni over the destruction of an entire civilization. But my testimony of this record and the peace it brings to the human heart is as binding and unequivocal as was theirs. Like them, 'I give my name unto the world, to witness unto the world that which I have seen.' And like then, 'I lie not, God bearing witness of it.'"

"I ask that my testimony of the Book of Mormon and all that it implies, given today under my own oath and office, be recorded by men on earth and angels in heaven. I hope I have a few years left in my 'last days,' but whether I do or do not, I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world, in the most straightforward language I could summon, that the Book of Mormon is true, that it came forth the way Joseph said it came forth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the faithful in the travail of the latter days."
You're going to have to listen to the entire thing, because it is even more incredible to hear from the mouth of a living prophet. But it is all true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. And I too "want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared" to my family and friends that it is true. My testimony is still growing, and I'm still becoming more converted, but I can't deny that it's true.

And I won't ever deny it's true, and I'll never fall away from it, because I won't stop reading it. To gain a testimony, read it. And then don't stop.

Love you all. The Church is true. And I'm a witness of it!!!

Sister Lewis



Us and the Elders last P-Day--our favorite ice cream spot!

Random picture of Elder Woodbury laughing really hard haha.

Weirdest Elders I've ever met....

 Ice cream with the Elders for Sister Nelfils's year mark! They put smiley faces on the top for us:)

SISTER NELSON'S YEAR MARK!!!

We change lives.

.....

....Well, it's almost normal:) Hahaha

LOVE THEM SO MUCH:)

Welcome to my home.

Excuse me while I die at the gorgeous sunset over Jones Lake.

Just doin' the usual, being a missionary. Ya know.

How we have supper every night. Light the candle, set the veggies and hummus in the middle, and open the DVD player so we can watch Mormon Messages and get the chills from the Spirit.


RIVERVIEW.

This photo was sent from one of the couple missionaries to us parents today!

No comments:

Post a Comment