Monday, June 24, 2013

FIRST BAPTISM

WOW. Oh my goodness. I am SO overwhelmed with all the amazing things that have been happening over the last week!!!!! Heavenly Father is progressing his work! Can you feel it?!?! It is so amazing how much Heavenly Father loves His children, and how much He is growing in trusting us with them. I love being a missionary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I know I've forgotten a trillion shout-outs. So happy birthday to:

Jakey Harper
Chandler M
Spencer Captain Fuller
Taylor Onchalk Antczak

and this week... Trey Brimhall!


There, now I'm not stressing over that:)

Oh my gosh, I'm going crazy over all these mission calls. CONGRATULATIONS TO MY MAIN GIRL QUINN NILSSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TO MY BIG COUSINS CAM AND AUSTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I screamed when I read my mom's e-mail about it! I love you guys SO MUCH!!!

aw489tyan89p wdyhavioe qye 890vaeyio I can't handle it. I'm really excited right now.


So my first baptism was Saturday!!!!! At 4:00 your time, Isabelle Phillips* made one of the most important covenants she will ever make. It was incredible. The Spirit was so strong. I sat with her in church yesterday, and after she was confirmed, she sat down and was really stir crazy and kept looking around and swinging her legs and smiling. I thought it was really funny, and finally she whispered to me, "Sister Lewis, I feel this weird, bubbly excitement right now!" And I whispered back, "Isabelle, that's the Spirit!!!!!" And she got this HUGE smile on her face and started jumping up and down in her seat. She asked me to give a talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost at her baptism, and I was so overwhelmed by the time I got up, the Spirit in the room was so THICK. It was amazing. She was so prepared.

Okay, quotes of the week:

1. Elder Woodbury--while holding a styrofoam cup with his teeth: "Hey Sister Lewis, am I FOAMing at the mouth? Ba-dum-chow!"


2. I keep forgetting to say that the traffic lights here are horizontal! What the heck! And there are four lights... red, yellow, green, and red. It's really weird. And the lights blink at you if you have right of way. Yes, this is important information I wanted to update the world on.

Okay, I'm sorry, I'm really distracted by all these mission calls and I don't even know what happened this week haha. But the work is progressing, Heavenly Father has BIG things in store for His children.


The gospel's true. God speed:)

Love love love,

Sister L


Baptism!

The awkward hands....


Me, Sister Starkie and Sister Pizzey!


Zone training--the Sisters of PEI and New Brunswick East! Sister Davis, Sister Judd, Sister Pizzey, Sister Starkie, me, Sister Hart, Sister Tibbets, and Sister.... shoot, forgot the last name!

Zone training, me and Sister Starkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment