Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Je suis Soeur Lewis, et j'ai tres faim



17 June 2013

Heyloooooo!
Ok, LAST WEEK MY E-MAIL WOULDN'T WORK AND I WAS LIVID. Actually I was just really sad. So I'm sorry you couldn't have 6 pages of my life last week. Desole (this isn't a French keyboard, so je ne sais pas how to put in accents, sorry).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 11-year-old brother!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love you Tort.

And happy dang Father's Day, Pippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST DADDY EVER. A lady in my ward told me yesterday, "I can't believe you can't call your father on Father's Day. No offense, but that's racist."

Quote of the week(s):
1. Elder Woodbury--after Elder Waldie spelled a new investigator's name (S-H-R): "That SURE is a nice name. Ba-dum-chow!" (I was dying laughing).

2. Sister Hart--while we were discussing how much a mission changes people: "But then if you become perfect, you'll probably get his by a bus because Heavenly Father won't need ya anymore."
So, updates in the Moncton ward. The English gospel principles teacher got released, so I've been filling in the last two weeks (and probably will for a long time). It's been a little stressful, but nice, because we have so many investigators come to that class that it's good to get to teach something that addresses their concerns. I love it! Last week the lesson was on the Holy Ghost and this week was on the Priesthood.

Yesterday I also got "called" as the primary chorister hahaha! I'm the pianist AND the chorister, so this will be different, but I'm super excited! I'll only get to keep it until they get a replacement (again, this will probably take several weeks), but I'M SO EXCITED I GET TO WORK WITH THE PRIMARY KIDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Nzojibwami was the one who always translated sacrament meeting into French, but since he left, they've asked me to do that too! Haha just kidding, just kidding.

Baptisms! Oh man, I've extended 6 baptismal commitments now! We had all 6 of them on date until Saturday, when we gave two investigators to the Elders for certain fun reasons.... But here's who we have on date:

1. Isabel Phillips* (18)--June 22!!! My first baptism! She's so ready! She wants to serve a mission and get sealed in the temple!!!!!!!!
2. Lawrence Choret* (12)--September! We had to push it back for a lotta reasons, but we are so excited for him and he is too!!!
3. Benjamin Choret* (8)--September as well! He says the most sincere prayers and it's amazing to listen to. He told me, "I used to think Heavenly Father wanted me to be baptized, but now I know it." WOW.
4. Samantha O'Brien* (40)--July 13!!! So excited for her!!!!! We're hoping to get her daughter Amanda (11) on date tonight! So stoked! She came to church for the first time yesterday and was crying through the whole thing.

I. LOVE. THE. GOSPEL.

One of the most humbling things of a mission is teaching someone how to pray to their God for the first time in their lives. They kneel, and we kneel. And the first thing they say to their Heavenly Father is, "Thank you for the Sisters. Thank you for sending me the missionaries." That is the COOLEST feeling in the whole world. I don't know how many times an investigator has prayed for that and I got choked up in the middle of the prayer...

I am seriously bursting with happiness right now. I love this church so much. I love the gospel. I love the Savior. I love my mission. I feel so blessed to be able to serve one.

I am called of God:)

My authority is above that of kings of the earth.

By revelation, I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.

He is my Master, and He has chosen me to represent Him.

To stand in His place.

To say and do what He Himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.

My voice is His voice.

My acts are His acts.

My doctrine is His doctrine.

My commission is to do what He wants done, to say what He wants said, to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of His great and marvelous latter-day work.

How great is my calling!

I don't want 16 months to be up. I don't want my mission to end yet.

My release date is November 14, 2014, by the way:(

This week we had exchanges AGAIN and while Sister Hart was gone, I put 2 more people on date:) YES! I was so excited! Too bad we had to give 'em over to the Elders. They're gonna have to have a lot of faith if they're gonna be baptized on July 13th though... Could ya pray for them? Austen and Theresa*.  

Well, it's a great day to be a missionary. I've had an amazing week. I really appreciate the prayers too. Thank you.

I love ma famille. (Speaking of which, the French is going great!!! I did not think I could pick up a language this quickly. Seriously, I'm lightyears ahead of where I was before I left.)

Love you all. Don't forget me yet. Go play the piano for me. And sing Elise the lullaby for me. And give Lydia a giant hug for me (just got two of her letters and passed out from how cute they were).
Love,

Sister Lewis
(*Names have been changed)

No comments:

Post a Comment