Monday, October 6, 2014

Dieu est notre Pere Celeste, et il nous aime

 Quote of the week--Sister Bowden and I were walking down the boardwalk contacting for the last hour of the night. Suddenly from behind us, a drunk man started singing loudly and off-key, slurring his words.

Me: "Oh no, another drunk person is walking behind us."
[both of us stop to let him pass]
[man walks by, who we'd already talked to that night, definitely not drunk....]

Man! A new transfer! I love starting a new transfer, and this one already feels really good. Charlottetown is beautiful right now--the leaves are beginning to change colour and pretty soon the island will be bright yellow.

Sending Sister Thompson off was sad and exciting. Sister Gochnour (the second sister I trained) is now my Sister Training Leader!!! I don't think I've ever been so excited to see someone in my whole entire life!!!!!

For some reason this week, in the lessons we've taught and in words from the Bishop and even in President Uchtdorf's talk during Women's Conference, the theme of God's love has been coming up a lot. It came up with a newer member who has had a hard time with all the life changes she made to join the Church. It came up while talking to the mother of a strong Catholic family with 12 kids. It came up as a theme in several separate struggling households in the ward. I find it interesting that for each of these people, not being able to feel that God loved them was so discouraging. I was thinking about all of this during sacrament meeting yesterday. When it came time to take the sacrament, I bowed my head, like I always do, and I immediately felt very strongly Heavenly Father's presence--an intense feeling of pure love. I've been feeling that a lot recently for some reason, and although I don't know why, I think it has something to do with what I learned from a young women's leader years ago when I was a beehive: "If people really understood what it means to be a child of God, who loves them, if people perfectly understood that, then it would be really difficult, not easy, to sin."

I've talked about it before, but the greatest sign that Heavenly Father loves each of us is the fact that He sent Christ--His Son--to die for us. I can't even imagine how difficult that would be as a parent. Wouldn't any parent rather die themselves rather than give up the life of their child? Yet Heavenly Father suffered more for us because He loves us always.

Isaiah says Messianically, "I will not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

Despite how many lies the adversary tells us, "our God will never us forsake." We are the substance of His work and His glory. When people don't believe in Him, when people knowingly disobey Him, when people forget Him, when people put other things first, He never does. He never forgets us and He never puts other things first.

It's been really sad this week to see all the people who are right now believing lies that God's not there, or that He's not very present, or that He can't love them, or that He's very distant. I wish we could always remember His promise that He will not forget us! Ever. If people really understood that, they would fill a lot more of their potential as children of the Almighty God.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this new and final transfer with Sister Bowden:) Life is good:)


Sister Lewis

For some reason we thought we should take pictures while doing push ups.
Awkward family photos

Well one of us nailed it.

Sister Thompson and me

Apparently I do this a lot

Elder Dudley and me.  I forced him to stand like that.


On our way back from an appointment
Waiting for Sunday School to start.  haha
Saying goodbye to Sister Chou* (far right) a few days before she entered the MTC!!!
The end of one meeting...
The district
Elder Dudley as...  Sister Thompson
Sister Thompson as...  Elder King
Sister Lewis as...  Elder Dudley
Elder King as...  Sister Lewis... sorry these photos are so pointless haha

Don't stop believin'


Bodyguards
Sister Thompson saying goodbye to the Johnson* family

Charlottetown Crew
In the theater <3
 It's the same Anne I contacted! Haha in fact, it was pretty neat because at the very end, all the actors came on stage for the big applause and Sister Thompson and I counted all the ones we'd stopped on the street before, and we had good relationships with lots of them! Since we sat up front and weren't really around many people, it was easy for them to see us and several of them specifically waved at us, it was neat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment