Monday, July 7, 2014

I'm trying really hard to focus on this email right now and nothing else.

I am writing this e-mail to people from home.

I have to hurry up and pack tonight.

I am writing this e-mail to people from home.

I'm leaving tomorrow.

I am writing this e-mail to people from home.

I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone at church yesterday.

I am writing this e-mail to people from home.

I've never served anywhere outside of New Brunswick.

I am writing this e-mail to people from home.

This is emergency transfer #3 on my mission!

I am writing this e-mail to people from home.

I have no time to pack!!!!!

Yep.... basically that's everything in my head today. Haha not a whole lot, but my thoughts are racing. I'm headed to Charlottetown, PEI tomorrow. Just found out an hour ago. Ahhhh!!

So I love my new companion! Who will not be my new companion anymore this time tomorrow.... It was a wonderful 5 days though haha. My new new companion will be Sister Thompson, who I actually know really well and have worked with a lot. She came out with Sister Olson, so she goes home in about 2 months.
Quotes of the week--yesterday after church:

Bishop MacGougan: "Two peanuts walk into a bar. One gets a-salted."
Bishop MacGougan: "I got a job crushing pop cans. It was soda pressing."
Bishop MacGougan: "I saw a kidnapping today. But I decided not to wake him up."
Needless to say, I spent a lot of time laughing after church yesterday. Great Bishop.

Well since this week was spent knocking, getting Sister Olson ready for transfers, knocking, saying goodbye to Sister Olson, knocking, getting my new companion, and knocking, there's not a lot to update you on. More than 20 hours of knocking. It was a long week, but a good one.

I know the power that comes from sacrifice. I've seen again and again the empowerment that comes to those who give up something that they love for something they love even more. I've seen the change in people.

I've seen the change in me since I gave up what I had to come here. And I keep witnessing changes in me as I work towards being more perfect in giving up my will. There is something very humbling about sacrifice. I'm doing it a little differently than most people do it--I live out of 2 suitcases and don't have much to my name right now, and it's really humble circumstances. But sacrifice makes me more grateful. I have so little in the terms of material possessions, but I'm so much more grateful now that I've sacrificed those things, because now I'm more rich in terms of eternal possessions. I am happier, I feel lighter, and I feel confident. I feel strengthened and empowered. I know the power that comes from sacrifice.

Love,

Sister Lewis

Said goodbye to Elder Widdup at transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment