Monday, February 24, 2014

02.24.2014

Hello!

Quote of the week:

After getting let into a house while knocking, in the middle of a conversation with this lady--

Me: "The worst part is having to scrape out the inside of the car too!"
Lady: "I know."
Me: "Is there a way to prevent the ice from forming on the inside? Any tips?"
Lady: "Umm, well.... I know you have to breathe and things, but if you just try to kind of hold your breath when you're driving, it helps."
Me: ".......K."

Transfer e-mails came yesterday and I am being transferred back to Moncton!!! I will now be a French-speaking sister in Dieppe. Pretty soon I will be the queen of NB... or the sister who has been in NB the longest. I love New Brunswick, I love my mission, and I am excited and humbled to be co-STLs with Sister Olson, speaking a language I'm no good at right now haha.

This week was absolutely crazy! Monday was P-day. Monday night we traveled to Houlton for exchanges, and Sister Christensen and I came back to Fredericton the same night. Tuesday was district meeting and exchanges, then traveling back to Maine, then traveling back to Fredericton. Then that night, the St. Stephen sisters came to spend the night. Wednesday I was with Sister Sandberg and the elders for Leadership Council over Skype all day long, which was long but good. Thursday we had to pack our entire apartment up. Friday we moved apartments. Saturdaywe spent most of the day deep cleaning our old apartment--fridge, oven, cupboards, floors, bathroom, dusting, mopping, vacuuming.... And Saturday we finally had one real day! And Sunday was transfer e-mails that blew our minds. It was all crazy.

This week I learned a great lesson when we were listening to MoTab in the car and "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" came on and really touched my heart.

I'm trying to love my neighbour,
I'm learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness
When Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons He taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying,
"Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought."
For these are the things Jesus taught.

It reminded me that I'm a missionary and I'm talking to lots of people, trying to find the ones who are prepared for baptism. But I have a deeper purpose than that, and it's the same one that everyone has--to become more like Jesus.

I need to get off now, but I have a deep testimony of the happiness that comes from aligning our lives with the vision Christ has for us.

Love,

Sister L

I am in love with Canada.





Packing up apartments to move across the street... Sister Gochnour looked over at me and got a kick out of this apparently hahaha.

We found some old suits while packing our apartment....:)






Saying goodbye to Shannon*
Inline image 2
Shovel finding

Inline image 1

These next photos are ones that I (Sister Lewis's mom) took the liberty of pasting from Sister Gochnour's blog!






1 comment:

  1. Sister Gochnour will miss Sister Lewis!!! She has been the most amazing trainer for her!!! That is so fantastic and a huge complement to her that she is able to switch mid mission to be a french specking missionary!! Way to go Sister Lewis you are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete