Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Know Who I Am

Helllooooooo, Utah/the rest of the world!

Quote of the week:

After district meeting in St. Stephen on Tuesday, Sister Echols cut her finger.
Sister Echols: "Does anyone have a bandaid?"
Elder Evanson: "No... But I have the priesthood!"

This week was fairly slow again, so I'll just briefly summarize.

1. We've dropped about 9 investigators, the other few are progressing very slowly.
2. It actually got warm this week!
3. But then it freezing-rained on us.
4. My biceps are getting really great from hammering ice off the car 6-10 times a day. That's not even exaggerating.
5. Transfer e-mails came yesterday and will take place Thursday.

Sister Vera is being transferred to Moncton to be the first French-speaking sister the area has ever had. My baby's leavin me! She tells me I'm putting her up for adoption since her next companion will be completing her training... but I still like her.

I will stay in Fredericton and will be receiving a new sister from the MTC to train. I have also been asked to serve as Sister Training Leader, working with Sister Sandberg for the New Brunswick sisters.

I am slightly in shock. And I am really excited and humbled.

An STL is a responsibility that's been created fairly recently (http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-adjusts-mission-organization-implement-mission-leadership-council). You can read it there because they explain it way better than I can, but the gist of it is that I'll be working a lot with Sister Sandberg--keeping in touch frequently throughout the week to discuss the progress of the sisters we're over. We're over the St. John sisters and the Presque Isle sisters. We'll coordinate our efforts to train them with their district leaders and the zone leaders. Weekly we'll separately have "call nights" with the sisters we're over, which means we'll call them and talk to them individually to find out how they're doing and see how we can help them. Once or twice a transfer, we'll travel to their area and go on exchanges with them to blitz their area and give them some training. Once a transfer I'll travel to Halifax with the STLs and ZLs around the mission for Leadership Council, which is conducted by President Leavitt. Every week when I report to President, I'll include how each of the sisters I'm over is doing.

I feel kind of inadequate and really humbled. I am really excited to see the ways I'll be able to grow from it. I have a lot to learn and am grateful Heavenly Father is giving me this experience to learn even more. AND I LOVE THE SISTERS HERE, SO I'M REALLY EXCITED.

One of my favourite parts of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is having a sense of identity. I run into so many people on a daily basis who don't believe in God, or who don't know He's their Father, or who don't know what the point of life is. But I do. And that is a great privilege.

I know who I am.
I am a daughter of God.
I have unlimited ability.
I have purpose.
I am of infinite worth.
I am a daughter.
I am a sister.
I am a friend.
I know my potential.
I can shape lives.
I know my strengths.
I am confident.
I am creative.
I am strong.
I am faithful.
I am caring.
I stand up for my beliefs.
I follow Jesus Christ.
I know my Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I am committed.
I am thoughtful.
I am a seeker of truth.
I am forgiving.
I am prayerful.
I know my eternal value.
I am a daughter of Heavenly Father, who loves me, and I love Him.

And I don't say that to tell people I'm some great person or something--I'm aware of my weaknesses. But I'm just grateful that having the complete gospel of Jesus Christ emphasizes my strengths and teaches me that I'm not a young, lost, teenage girl. I am one of His divine daughters.

Have a great week:)

Love,

Sister Lewis














































No comments:

Post a Comment