Monday, September 1, 2014

Has the day of miracles ceased? Behold, I say unto you Nay.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEXT SISTER LEWIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hermana Lewis:) :) :) Welcome to this great country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL LOVE YOUR MISSION MORE THAN ANYTHING.

It's been a great week. I've learned so much. We have a baptism this Saturday!

Moroni teaches:
"And now, my beloved brethren, if this be the case that these things are true which I have spoken unto you, and God will show unto you, with power and great glory at the last day, that they are true, and if they are true has the day of miracles ceased?

"Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved?

"Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain."

I'm not great when it comes to faith. My natural man takes over and when things get hard, it's harder for me to have faith, and when they're easy, it's easy for me to have faith. But I know that "miracles cease" when we don't have it, so I've been working on it.

The Day of Miracles (Wednesday)
1. Sister Thompson and I were running behind that morning and we didn't get as much time to contact as we'd planned. We considered doing something else instead since we didn't think it would be effective to only have a few minutes to contact. But we decided to go contacting anyway. We stopped one person. Not interested. Second person. Name: Candy James*. "Yeah, I've been searching for a good Christian church to attend. I've recently overcome all my addictions to things that were bad for me. I had a son out of wedlock 4 years ago. Afterwards, I learned that it was wrong and I've repented. I love him, but it would have been more special if I'd been married to his father. I was praying a couple days ago to find a church to attend, and I think God put you in my path today. I'm so excited to meet! Come over next week after I finish moving to this place that's way better to raise my son in!"

2. Phone call from MaryAnn* on our way back to the car. "Hi! Do you want to come over for dinner tonight and teach my sister who wants to be baptized? Also I hung out with my fellowshipper yesterday for several hours and we're great friends."

3. Lesson with Vivian* (on date for November 8). The Spirit was INCREDIBLY strong. She's young, and a lot of the lessons we have with her are kind of sarcastic and negative, and the Spirit can't be there too strongly. But this lesson was PERFECT and she committed herself to give up everything that's been holding her back from baptism for years. She was on fire by the end and was bubbly and just GLOWING. I've never seen her like that before. She committed to give up everything.

It was an amazing day. And I think that at the end of my mission, I'll be able to say that about the whole thing: That was an amazing mission.

Love,

Sister Lewis
The mice I described that are all over town.

A picture of a picture from a few weeks ago.
Some days we get back to the apartment and feel like THIS!


"Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come... and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation."

REJOICING is exactly what I'm doing right now. Congratulations to the next Sister Lewis--welcome to Canada:)

Christ's church has always been a missionary church. I'm grateful for the rejoicing that comes from missionary work.http://www.mormon.org/values/missionary-work — with Moriah Lewis.


No comments:

Post a Comment